Several people asked me this question several times, so I figured I’ld write a quick post about it.
When the default vSAN policy was being changed, people started noticing that the Stats Objects (Health) will show as “Out of Date”, even though the policy was applied at the end of the wizard.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The Stats Object is exactly that, an Object, just like a VM home folder, or VMDK.
- That object is associated with a Policy, usually the default vSAN policy
- If you change a policy, you can apply this immediately through the wizard
- However, this applies the policy to the VMs (objects)
- Stats Object is not part of any VM
- If you change the policy that the Stats Object is using or sharing with VMs, then you will need to manually re-apply that policy to the Stats Object.
- Policy change (Default in this case)
- Reapply Policy to VMs now
- Stats Object show “Out of Date”
- Edit the Storage Policy under Health and Performance and click OK
- This will bring the Object back to compliance
Quick Video about it