Cool stuff by JP…
As many of those familiar with NetApp know, the era of clustered Data ONTAP (CDOT) is upon us. 7-Mode is going the way of the dodo, and we’re helping customers (both legacy and new) move to our scale-out storage solution.
There are a variety of ways people have been moving to cDOT:
- 7-Mode transition tool (7MTT) using SnapMirror for 7-Mode to cDOT migrations
- Foreign LUN Import for block-based migrations from any storage platform
- Application based (such as Storage vMotion, Oracle migration tools, etc)
- File-based copy (copy-based transition) for unstructured NAS data on non-NetApp storage
- FIle-based copy for migration out of block-based (LUN) to file-based NAS
(Also, stay tuned for more transition goodness coming very, very soon!)
What’s unstructured NAS data?
If you’re not familiar with the term, unstructured NAS data is, more or less, just NAS data. But it’s really messy NAS data.
It’s home directories, file shares, etc. It…
View original post 1,080 more words